In most cases the SPT GPS driver will be automatically installed and work on Windows 10. If this is not the case please follow the following instructions to install the SPT GPS driver for Windows 10:
- Download the Windows 10 driver here.
- Turn on your SPT GPS and plug it into your PC with the USB cable.
- Extract the files in the Win10 driver.cab folder using your zip file utility.
- Right click on Locosys_x64.inf and select install.
- When asked if you want to allow this app to make changes to your device select Yes.
- When the installation has completed unplug your SPT GPS and restart your PC
You should now be able to use your SPT GPS with the Bridge application.
My device still isn't working
Sometimes after installing the driver the SPT GPS will still not connect with the Bridge application - you'll see Error Code 1. If this is happening to you please follow these steps to ensure the device is connecting correctly:
- Make sure your SPT GPS is turned on and plugged into your computer
- Open the start menu, type "Device Manager" and open the Windows Device Manager application.
- In the list of devices on your computer you should see "Ports (COM & LPT)". If you don't, in the View menu select "Show hidden devices"
- Expand the Ports (COM & LPT) tree and look for any drivers with the name "LOCOSYS Technology GPS Receiver". Right click and Uninstall them. If the Ports (COM & LPT) item does not appear on your computer you can skip this step.
- From the action menu select "Add Legacy Hardware" to start the Add Hardware wizard
- When given the option, choose "Search for and install the hardware automatically"
If the wizard finds the SPT GPS hardware, congratulations! You're done, and you should now be able to download data using the Bridge application on your computer. If not please go onto the next steps:
- If the computer could not find any hardware connected please go onto the next step to choose the hardware, and select Ports (COM & LPT) from the list
- Choose Next and select LOCOSYS Technology Inc. from the manufacturer list, followed by LOCOSYS Technology GPS Receiver in the model list
- Select next again and allow the wizard to install the hardware.
- Click Finish to finish the hardware installation process. It may be advisable at this point to restart your computer
At this point you should have a working GPS device and be able to download logs with the Bridge application. If this still does not work please contact GameTraka Support.