The Bridge could be stuck in this screen when detecting for SPT devices. This happens due to the following:
- Bridge is running on Windows
- There are unresponsive serial ports on Windows
To troubleshoot the Bridge, the tech team might need to walk the customer through a goToMeeting session.
- Install CoolTerm for Windows
- Figure out what are the unresponsive serial ports using Coolterm
- Disable the unresponsive ports using Device Manager
Testing serial ports available on Windows
- For SPT1 device, turn on the device and connect to the PC.
- For SPT2 device, plug in the device and connect to the PC.
- Run CoolTerm > Options > Click Re-Scan Serial Ports button > Click Ok
- Connect to the serial port > Click the Connect button.
- In the Connection menu > Send string ...
- Type in $PMTK000*32
- This should print out an output of $PMTK001,000,3*30 on the screen
- CoolTerm should still be responsive.
- If CoolTerm has become unresponsive, take note of the port name.
- Do this for all the available serial ports.
- For all the unresponsive serial ports, we'll disable them using the Device Manager
Disabling unresponsive serial ports
- Bring up the device manager.
- Click on Ports (COM & LPT1)
- Given the list of unresponsive serial ports, disable each one of them.
- Right click on the port > Disable device
Now that the faulty serial ports are disabled, open up Bridge again and connect the device. Click on Download, this should solve the problem.